Tuesday 23 July 2013

X-Wing

Hi All,

Angryman here.  Last night I played X-Wing for the first time. 



For those of you who know nothing about the game (or have never heard of Star Wars................) its a space combat game between 2 factions, the rebels and the imperials.  you have a certain amount of points to spend on ships and upgrades, you can pick 'named' pilots or standard fighters etc.  You set the board up, you move, shoot and hopefully blast your enemy into space dust.  The game flows very well, its easy to pick up (I think the basics took me 30 mins) and you can usually get a game done in an hour or so.  Larger point games mean more 'named' pilots and upgrades etc so it can get a little bit more involved but its a lot of fun.
The best part is all the star wars quotes that you hear people saying, then you find yourself doing it.  The game is worth it just for that!!!

I'm looking to see what others think of the game, all comments welcome

1 comment:

  1. Really glad u enjoyed it - I've always been an X-Wing nerd as I said having read the novels, the comics, the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. When I saw an X-Wing miniatures game being released I pre-ordered straight away and hit it big with buying several of each ship.

    The issue was that FFG didnt produce enough stock with Wave 1 and was out of stock for about 4 months on the X-Wing and TIE Fighters however it seemed they didnt learn from their mistakes and now the A-Wings and TIE Interceptors are out of stock with Wave 2!

    Its a great game to play, I've had many of silly moments where I've mis-judged my movements and looking forward to playing everyone at the club in it - I've got some rotten lists to bring; unlike 40k I'm totally competitive in this game as it isn't about the hobby :P

    ReplyDelete