Thursday 4 April 2013

April Painting Pledge - Eldar Vehicles - Progress #1

Morning folks.

In between errands and jobs at home last night I got an hour of painting on my Wave Serpents in. I got a bit fed up in the end and didn't make it onto the third Serpent's wraithbone sections because I slowly added more and more bone areas to the main vehicle chassis.


This is after I said I would never paint bone armour again after doing all my Deathwing! So as I've painted, I've gone back and re-done some panels to be bone to try and break up the black sections a bit.

Next thing to do tonight is to get the bone areas done on the 3rd Serpent and then make a start resetting the black areas. Hopefully if I can make good speed with that then I can roll straight onto getting them washed up and leave them overnight.

Last thing is whether I want to add some detail on the panelling. I've seen lots of people do the thorns and vines design on the sides of vehicles - so maybe, depending on how I feel at the time.

I'm going to leave all the weapons until the end and do a batch of them all at the same time, possibly buying myself some Army Painter spray to get the job done quicker.

That's all for now chaps! Hopefully I can get the Wave Serpents finished by the weekend and make a start on the Falcon.

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment