Wednesday 11 April 2012

Back in business - Dark Eldar, Necrons, Squats and new Eldar army!

Morning all,

Been a while since I had the time or energy to blog about anything. However, work and personal life has chilled out a bit in the last day or so. Which means here comes a blog about what I've been doing over the last few months.


Brotherhood of the Forge
Last summer I spent some pennies on a fair amount of Dwarf boxsets and bits in order to finalise my Sisters of Battle / Squat army. I posted stuff up about these a while ago: HERE

These guys are all sanded and ready to be sprayed up, along with an Immolator. But again, I've just not had the time to get them done.

Dark Eldar
From the Warboot in November I "rescued" a big horde of Dark Eldar models. I spent most of Xmas holidays high on fumes stripping the paint off of them: HERE

In the mean time, I managed to convert up some more Blasters (splinter rifles with torment grenade launcher bulbs on the end) and tidy up 3 Vypers to use as Venoms.

Necrons
As well as the Dark Eldar stuff, I had a big backlog of Necron stuff that I'd gotten for Xmas that needed to be built and sorted.


10 Immortals with Tesla Carbines, 5 Lychguard with shields, Imotekh the Stormlord, Trazyn the Infinte and a Cryptek.

After I'd done these, I had a Ghost Ark which was one of the most time consuming kits I'd done for a while. As well as a Catacomb Command Barge / Annihalation Barge which very nicely can swap between each if you don't glue stuff. And since I've not been able to paint / play with it yet, it gives me the option to choose which I prefer.

Eldar
Around the end of February, I bought the remnants of an Eldar army off another club member who has stopped playing 40k.


This has kept me busy over the last 2 months, chipping away where I can at building, repairing and converting stuff.

In all, the army consists of:
- Farseer
- 6 War Walkers
- 3 Wave Serpents
- 1 Falcon
- 20 Dire Avengers
- 6 Jetbikes

I've got a few missing bits here and there, which I'm scouring eBay to get hold of. I'm also planning on converting the Jetbikes into Dire Avenger style riders, as opposed to the really old and pants looking Guardians riding them.

The plan is also to convert another Jetbike rider into an Autarch with Power Weapon, so I've got a 2nd HQ choice and to pad out my points a bit more.

I've not done a list yet, so I don't know exactly how many points I have of the Eldar. All I know is that I'm after a unit to ride in the 3rd Wave Serpent. Fire Dragons maybe? Who knows... Eldar is still really new to me and I'm having a "I want everything" moment.

I'm also yet to decide on a colour scheme for the army. Red is a no, no because of my Khorne Daemons. Green is also bad because of Orks and Dark Angels. Blue I'm also not keen on as I want the Dire Avengers to stand out, and also it's too close to my Dark Eldar army.

At the moment, I'm thinking about a Yme-Loc craftworld, but that could be another blog post entirely!

---------------------

So that's me for now. Baby Badger is due any time now, so I'm sure just as I've escaped one thing stopping me from hobbying, I'll have another reason to neglect my plastic crack mountain.

Cheers,
SB

1 comment:

  1. Hey Badger, glad to see you back posting. Why dont you go for a completely outragous colour scheme, yellow with green spots or something!!!

    check out chapterhouse studios for conversion kits for warlocks on jetbikes

    looking forward to seeing some of these on the gaming table soon

    ReplyDelete