Thursday 17 November 2011

Badger's Log - Drop Pods and Ravenwing Bikes

Ello,

Over the last week or so I've been trying to make a push on my Dark Angels stuff, freeing up my December to be spent Christmas shopping, doing odd jobs around the house and able to buy and paint some Dark Eldar or Necrons.

In the mean time however, I've managed to get 2/3 of my Dark Angels backlog complete this week. Firstly, the last of the Ravenwing (for now) - 6 Ravenwing Bikers.



You can't really see in the picture, but I tried to start outfitting my units with as much plasma as possible. So the Biker squad has 2 plasma gunners, along with a Sergeant (guy with actual Ravenwing bike banner).

When I start to paint Black armoured models, I always think it'll be super fast because it's the same colour as the undercoat. Then I realise it's more or less the same amount of work because I have to repaint all the armour after I've drybrushed or done other areas!

Either way, these guys were pretty quick. I think there's 4 colours (Black, Boltgun, Red, Dheneb Stone) but with the Ravenwing stuff, I didn't want to take too much time.

Then over the weekend I made a start on my 2 Drop Pods, since I realised I had 2 Dreads painted, but nothing to get them close in Multi-Melta firing range.


I wasn't sure whether the Dark Angels drop pods for Venerable Dreads would be Deathwing bone coloured or normal green. So in the end I went for the green choice, since I figured they could double up for transporting a Tactical squad if needs be.

After this, I've got 20 Tactical Marines and a Commander left to paint. The Commander I'm planning on using as Azrael since the model looks a bit like him, I just need to make myself a Watcher to tag along with him.

As for going forward, completely wishlisting, I would like to replace the flamers and missile launchers in my Tac squads with a Plasma Gun and Plasma Cannon and also have a 4 man Plasma Cannon devastator squad.

However with things the way they are, money low and various other more shiney temptations, that probably won't happen any time soon.

So yeah, not long to go for the Dark Angels. The tactical squad progress has been halted momentarily because I've run out of Chaos Black paint, but once that's sorted I'll crack on with them.

Cheers,
SB

No comments:

Post a Comment