Monday 16 May 2011

Painting Orks - Badger Style!

Morning all,

Upon request, I'm going to do a "How to paint Orks" article today. Basically, I've been asked how I paint my Orks and how I paint them so quickly. Included in this, I was given an Ork Warboss to paint up for a Demo Game in June, so I thought I would use him as a test bed and do step by step painting.

Step 1 - Undercoat Chaos Black

Step 2 - Drybrush all metal areas with Boltgun Metal

Step 3 - Paint Boots with Charadon Granite

Step 4 - Pants with Khemri Brown. (When I do large mobs of Boyz, I normally alternate the pants colour with Step 6)

Step 5 - Paint all the skin areas with Knarloc Green

Step 6 - Optional - Paint the Vest of the model with Adeptus Battlegrey (or Pants if alternating)

Step 7 - Straps, belts and such with Calthan Brown

Step 8 - Teeth and Skulls with Dheneb Stone

Step 9 - Power Cables with Ice Blue

Step 10 - Tongue, Hair and Eye lenses with Mechrite Red

Step 11 - Paint back over cloth vest and the draped bit with Chaos Black. Also paint some Tattoos on.

Step 12 - Paint checkerboards on black areas with Skull White.

Step 13 - Wash the entire model with Badab Black

Step 14 - Wait for wash to dry and base the model.

So there you go. Quick and dirty Orks. The Warboss in this guide took me just over an hour to paint, which the thing that took the longest were the checkerboard patterns I did on the Power Klaw and Shoota.

Any questions, drop me a comment and I'll do my best to answer it. Any feedback is also welcome!

Peace,
SB

2 comments:

  1. i like the paint scheme on the warboss, simple but very effective - just like the orks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy :-( but I'll try it anyway.

    ReplyDelete