Wednesday 27 April 2011

Badger's Log - Brotherhood of the Forge: Inquisitor Lord

Morning all,

Another brief update to show what's been pressed through the painting conveyor belt. When buying more Dwarf stuff, I realised my previous attempt at an Inquisitor was a bit... weedy and didn't really match the equipment he had. He didn't stand out in a crowd, he was closer to a squad Sergeant rather than an independent character.

Inquisitor MK1

So, he became the leader of my Sister Repentia squad, since he carries a whip (Neural whip). This then left me with 1 spare Dwarf Miner left to use to create an Inquisitor Lord.

Inquisitor MK2

So there he is. The Steam Drill from the Miner kit was far too tempting to pass up on using, only issue was what it would count as.

First thoughts were to use it as a Force Weapon, then as a cheaper alternative a Power Stake. Now, I'm aware the Power Stake is a bit... meh... After all, it's more expensive than a normal power weapon, requires 2 hands and it only comes into effect if you are in combat with a Psyker. But I think it's pretty fitting in the background and a cheaper alternative for a list when I can't squeeze a Force Weapon into the points limit.

Originally, the plan with this guy was to buy a Land Raider, fill it with with 9 Crusader henchmen and drive it straight at something I would like dead. Then I read the "Max 3 of any type of Henchmen" limit that wasn't pointed out very clearly in a wall of text. (I soooo prefer the new Codex clarity!)

So I'm not sure what to go with for his retinue at the moment, I'd like 3 Crusaders, then some of the "boosting" Henchmen like Sages, and so on. So I'll have to try and come up with a way to convert those (possibly from Avatars of War Dwarf Berserkers with my Assassins).

Any ideas for Henchmen conversions that fit the Dwarfy stereotypes?

I was originally thinking of a Sister Hospitalier Dwarf covered in Beer Barrels as a "Pain relief" treatment.

Peace,
SB

No comments:

Post a Comment